Stories of interest this week include Toyota’s high-precision mapping system, a European ToS fight, 3D printing with glass, a recap of VR breakthroughs in 2015, and more.
• Google and Ford reported to team up for self-driving cars. (Sneha Teresa Johny, Reuters)
• The popularity of digital downloads represents an industry tipping point for video game makers. (Nick Wingfield, The New York Times)
• A French consumer group bring suit against Valve, claiming its ToS infringe on European legal rights. (Kyle Orland, Ars Technica)
• Using an algorithm to teach robots to teach themselves sophisticated behaviors. (Will Knight, MIT Technology Review)
• Making the case for the role of startups in the future of AI-powered apps. (Michael Yamnitsky, TechCrunch)
• Toyota unveils a “high-precision” mapping system. (Nick Jaynes, Mashable)
• Augmented reality, robots and the Internet of Things come together … to clean your floor. (Ry Crist, c|net)