Congratulations to b Spot, a licensed mobile games community that lets adults legally wager and win cash in the US, which has been named a TiE50 Start Up for 2015.
After screening 2,716 companies worldwide, then narrowing down the group to 160, b Spot was named one of the top 50 start-ups at TiEcon Friday in Santa Clara, California. All 50 as a group are considered the Top Start-Ups of 2015.
TiEcon is the world’s largest conference for entrepreneurs. Winners are judged by an expert panel of venture capitalists, angel investors, serial entrepreneurs, CEOs and technology experts.
“After three years of hard work, it’s gratifying for our company to win a TiE50 award and gain this type of meaningful recognition,” said David Marshall, CEO of b Spot, who presented at the conference. “The Company is being recognized for its ingenuity, technical achievements, and its massive market potential.
Past winners of the TiE50 award include:
– Wildfire Interactive (acquired by Google)
– Bump Technologies (acquired by Google)
– mFoundry (acquired by FIS)
– YuMe (now a public company)
“TiE50 has become a global brand that attracts thousands of companies worldwide. We screened 2716 companies this year and announced the most innovative 160 companies as 2015 TiE50 Top Start-ups. This pool of the very best-of-the-breed is again subjected to another round of rigorous judging to pick out the ultimate 50 winners proudly carrying the 2015 TiE50 Winner recognition. A star attraction of the conference is TiE50 presentations. Audiences are treated to amazing ideas and innovative technologies,” said Ram K. Reddy, the program chair.
– TiE is a global not-for-profit organization fostering entrepreneurship through mentoring, education, and networking. We consider entrepreneurship to be the single most powerful instrument to advance global prosperity. Our greatest strength is our network of over 60 chapters in 17 countries with a worldwide membership exceeding 14,000 that includes successful entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, corporate executives, and aspiring entrepreneurs. For more information on TiE, visit www.tie.org.